For those interested in a career in aviation, RVAC offers some of the best flying courses in Melbourne. To take the next step in your aviation career journey, you will need to obtain your Commercial Pilots Licence. Whether it be as an Airline pilot, a Flight Instructor, a Charter pilot, or in Agricultural flying operations, you will require CPL lessons.
For those pilots that already hold a Private Pilot Licence, the Commercial Pilot Licence can be the next step. The Commercial Pilot Licence Course allows pilots to enhance their knowledge and flying skills, even if they’re not planning to make flying their career.
RVAC offers a comprehensive training course including both theory and hands-on flight instruction to suit your requirements, with courses being available on either a full-time or casual basis.
The CPL Course offered by RVAC meets the Civil Aviation Safety Authority requirements and allows you to become employable with a commercial aviation operation under Visual Flying Rules.
What’s involved in the Commercial Pilot Licence?
To obtain a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), you must be at least 18 years old and must successfully complete an integrated or non-integrated course of training.
There are two options:
Option 1 – Integrated Commercial Pilot Licence Training Course
During an Approved Integrated Commercial Pilot Licence Training Course, your commercial training will consist of a minimum of 150 hours of flight training and an integrated theory component.*
If you already hold a Private Pilot Licence, and have accumulated aeronautical experience that has not been part of an Approved Integrated Commercial Pilot Licence Training Course, then the total minimum hours of aeronautical experience required will be 200 hours.
- For either option, during the course you will need to complete study and exams in CPL Theory.
- Aircraft General Knowledge;
- Human Factors;
- Flight Rules & Air Law;
- Aerodynamics; and
- Operation, Performance & Flight Planning
Theory Exams are conducted out of house under CASA Approved guidelines.
- On completion of your training you will undertake a flight test with a CASA Approved Testing Officer.
NOTE: Theory exams must be completed within a two-year period to remain valid.
*’Integrated’ refers to an intensive course of training:
- designed to ensure that a course participant receives ground theory training integrated with practical flight training
- for which the ground theory training and practical flight training are conducted by the same operator under Part 142
- conducted according to a syllabus that satisfies the knowledge and flight standards specified in the Part 61 Manual of Standards for a private or commercial pilot licence designed to be completed within a condensed period of time.
Attain your Commercial Pilot Licence and make flying your career. Get in touch with RVAC on +61 3 8586 777 or use the contact form at the bottom of the page.