RVAC's Membership Perks
We love cultivating our community of aviation enthusiasts and we’ve worked hard to provide value in our membership offerings.
Below is a list of our membership benefits, along with Terms of the membership.
We believe the RVAC offers one of the best value memberships in the country and the more you engage with the club, the more benefits you receive.
- We own and maintain our aircraft - safety is our No#1 priority
- Large fleet and range of 17 aircraft > View Our Fleet
- Discounted Aircraft Hire of up to $10 per hour
- Discounted Flight Review (Up to 2 hrs Flight Instruction included when using club aircraft)
- A Discounted 90 Day Currency Check (Up to 30 mins Flight Instruction included)
- Access to ongoing Education, Events & Competitions eg. Dawn Patrol > Events
- Great Value Packages designed for pilots to improve their skills and obtain additional ratings
- Access to briefing rooms, flight planning facilities and instructors
- Discounted spouse or partner membership rates (50% Discount)
- Access to function room hire within the RVAC @ Flight Deck Bar & Grill
- Access to Meeting rooms within the RVAC Club House
- Voting rights for Financial Flying Members & Life Members
- Organised flyaway day trips and overnight stays with members & friends
- Access the Club Flight Deck Bar & Grill Restaurant with:
- Member Bar discounts of up to 10%
- A $30 voucher for new members on joining
- A $30 voucher for renewing members to be used in the month of your birthday
- Free Guest Wifi at Flight zoperations and the Flight Deck Bar and Grill
- The pride and prestige that comes from being a Member of Australia’s oldest and most respected Aero Clubs
- Regular club newsletters
- Association with other various Aviation organisations and clubs
- Full time domestic Diploma Students at RVAC over 18 years who are not yet qualified pilots, receive NO VOTING RIGHTS and DO receive BAR AND SOCIAL RIGHTS.
- Flying, Life and Honorary Life membership are the only types of membership giving the right to vote in Club affairs.
- Any member whose spouse is a flying member, provisional flying member or an observer member may renew his/her membership at 50% of the equal or lower subscription rate under which he/she is registered.
- The conditions under which pilots obtain discounted member hiring rates are as follows:
a. Commence from the date that the subscription is paid;
b. Apply to all Club owned aircraft, on-line and selected cross-hired aircraft;
c. Applies to all flying where the member is listed as pilot in command, including competitions; and
d. Applies only to Moorabbin-based aircraft.
(Other terms and conditions may be applied as and when appropriate.)