Course: Commercial Pilot Licence
Obtain Your Commercial Pilot Licence with RVAC Flight Training Melbourne
For those interested in a career in aviation, RVAC Flight Training Melbourne offers some of the best flying courses in Melbourne. To take the next step in your aviation career journey, you will need to obtain your Commercial Pilots Licence. Whether it be as an Airline pilot, a Flight Instructor, a Charter pilot, or in Agricultural flying operations, you will require CPL lessons.
For those pilots that already hold a Private Pilot Licence, the Commercial Pilot Licence can be the next step. The Commercial Pilot Licence Course allows pilots to enhance their knowledge and flying skills, even if they’re not planning to make flying their career.
RVAC Flight Training Melbourne offers a comprehensive training course including both theory and hands-on flight instruction to suit your requirements, with courses being available on either a full-time or part-time basis.
The CPL Course offered by RVAC Flight Training Melbourne meets the Civil Aviation Safety Authority requirements and allows you to become employable with a commercial aviation operation under Visual Flying Rules.
What’s involved in the Commercial Pilot Licence?
To obtain a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) in Melbourne, you must be at least 18 years old and must successfully complete an integrated or non-integrated course of training.
There are two options:
Option 1 – Integrated Commercial Pilot Licence Training Course
During an Approved Integrated Commercial Pilot Licence Training Course, your commercial training will consist of a minimum of 153 hours of flight training and an integrated theory component.*
If you already hold a Private Pilot Licence, and have accumulated aeronautical experience that has not been part of an Approved Integrated Commercial Pilot Licence Training Course, then the total minimum hours of aeronautical experience required will be 200 hours.
- For either option, during the course you will need to complete study and exams in CPL Theory.
- Aircraft General Knowledge;
- Human Factors;
- Flight Rules & Air Law;
- Aerodynamics; and
- Operation, Performance & Flight Planning
Theory Exams are conducted in-house under CASA Approved guidelines.
- On completion of your training you will undertake a flight test with a CASA Approved Testing Officer.
NOTE: Theory exams must be completed within a two-year period to remain valid.
*’Integrated’ refers to an intensive course of training:
- designed to ensure that a course participant receives ground theory training integrated with practical flight training
- for which the ground theory training and practical flight training are conducted by the same operator
- conducted according to a syllabus that satisfies the knowledge and flight standards specified in the Part 61 Manual of Standards for a private or commercial pilot licence designed to be completed within a condensed period of time.
Attain your Commercial Pilot Licence and make flying your career. Get in touch with RVAC Flight Training Melbourne on +61 3 8586 777 or visit our contact page.
Make flying a Career!
Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL)
Step 1 - What's Required
You will need the following;
Step 2 - Skill Building
The Commercial Pilot Licence course builds on the skills you have acquired from your previous training including:
- Radio procedures;
- Emergency procedures;
- Practical application of theory knowledge;
- Advanced flight planning and navigation;
- Operation command decision making;
- Advanced aircraft handling techniques; and
- Passenger management
The skills and experience gained during your Commercial Pilot flight training and command building time will enable you to offer your services to an employer as a professional pilot.
Your CPL Flight Training will involve additional hours of flying lessons in one of our General Aviation aircraft. (see Option 1 or 2)
The course can be undertaken as a full-time or integrated course or alternatively, you can complete your training at your own pace.
See our courses page for more information.
Step 3 - What's Next
Once you have completed your Melbourne flight training, have accrued the required flight hours and passed the required Theory Exams, your Flight Instructor will advise when you are ready undertake a Flight Test with our CASA Approved Testing Officer to gain your Commercial Pilot Licence.