AVI50516 Diploma of Aviation (Flight Instructor)
This course involves advanced flight training for those Commercial Pilot Licence holders seeking to gain qualification as a Flight Instructor and then teach other students how to fly. The qualification allows flying as a Grade 3 Instructor under a Training and AOC Holder.
Step 1 - What's Required
To apply to enrol in this course you will need the following:
- To hold a Current Commercial Pilot Licence ( Proficiency Check, Flight Review or recent training to have been conducted within the past 2 years)
- An Australian Security Identification Card ( ASIC) add link
- Class 1 Medical from a Designated Authorised Medical Examiner ( DAME) add link
- Aviation English Language Proficiency ( Minimum ICAO level 4) Year 12 or equivalent
- Pre-Enrolment Skill and Knowledge Assessment & Interview, includes a written knowledge test and Flight flown in a PA28 Warrior from the right hand seat within YMMB training area demonstrating general handling skills. Flight to be at applicants own cost.
Students who wish to apply for a VET Student Loan will be required to meet stringent Language, Literacy & Numeracy requirements:
- Australian Senior Secondary Certificate, i.e.Year 12
- Completion of an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) Certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English)
- ACFS Exit level 3 LNN test. (Australian Core Skills Framework )
and must provide evidence of the following
- Australian Citizen, Permanent Humanitarian visa holder, or eligible New Zealand SCV Holders
Step 2 - What's Involved
Your Flight Instructor Course is delivered with both theory and practical elements and is completed via a simulated work environment. The AV150510 Diploma of Aviation course utilizes a blended delivery of training including, one on one training in the aircraft, Classroom Theory, Individual Briefings, Supervised Study and Practice Exams.
Training and Assessment will take place in RVAC training rooms with a qualified Trainer monitoring your progress.
The course is a full-time of 14 weeks duration (4 – 5 days per week)
Step 3 - What's Next
Once you have obtained your Flight Instructor rating you can seek employment as a Grade 3 Flight Instructor with a Training and AOC Holder